This weeks Worship Service was led by Pastor Matt Price and the Sermon was titled “Open Your Eyes”.
- Hospitality and the Stranger
- “Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for by doing that some have entertained angels without knowing it.” (Hebrews 13:2)
- Xenophilia- “The Love of Strangers,” the Greek word in Scripture we translate as hospitality.
- Opposite of xenophobia, the fear of strangers.
- The disciples on the road to Emmaus would have missed out on the Risen Jesus entirely if they hadn’t shown hospitality to a stranger.
- We Need the Testimony of Scripture to Believe in the Risen Jesus
- “Was it not necessary that the Messiah should suffer these things and then enter into his glory?” Then beginning with Moses and the prophets, Jesus interpreted to them the things about himself in all the scriptures.” Luke 24:26-27
- It took sharing a meal together for the Disciples to Recognize Jesus!
- “When Jesus was at the table with them, he took bread, blessed and broke it, and gave it to them. Then their eyes were opened, and they recognized him.” Luke 24:30-31