Saturday, September 20, 2014
WHAT: A day of fellowship, fun, worship, exploring and food
WHERE: Jumonville Retreat Center, Hopwood, PA
WHO: People of the South Hills Partnership of United Methodist Churches
COST: $10.00 for dinner and $12.00 for bus transportation
- Gather in Captain Webb for a light lunch
1:00 – 3:30 pm
- Spend the afternoon exploring the grounds; walking or driving to the cross
- Playing on the athletic fields (softball, volleyball, tennis, basketball)
- Visiting the museum highlighting the role Jumonville played in the French and Indian War; it’s time as a civil war orphanage; its history as a Training Center and now a retreat center
- Vespers in the Green Cathedral (transportation as needed)
- Dinner in the Dining Hall
- Head back to Pittsburgh
A bus will be available for those wishing to travel together. The bus will pick up folks at Carnegie UMC at 9:00 am and then at Fairhaven UMC at 9:30 am. The cost is $12.00. [Not charge if you are using your own vehicle].
Snacks and cold drinks will be available during the day at Captains Webb. Feel free to bring something to share.
RESERVATION DEADLINE IS SEPTEMBER 14- Please contact the church if you interested in attending.