Church Service was led by Pastor Sue Hutchins and Cindy Long assisted with the Lessons. The Sermon was titled “A Service of Lessons and Carols”.
- Genesis 3:8-15, 17-19
- God announces in the Garden of Eden Adam and Eve’s punishment for their rebellion and that the seed of woman shall bruise the serpent’s head.
- page 196 Come, Thou Long Expected Jesus
- Genesis 22:15-18
- God promise to Abraham that by his descendants all the nations of the earth shall obtain blessing.
- page 211 O Come, O Come, Emmanuel (stanzas 6 & 7)
- Isaiah 9:2, 6-7
- The prophet announces the birth of a king to a people in darkness.
- page 205 Canticle of Light and Darkness, Response 3
- Isaiah 11:1-4a
- The king is coming and will usher in a reign of justice for the poor and peace for all of God’s creation.
- page 230 O Little Town of Bethlehem (stanzas 2 & 4)
- Luke 1:26-35, 38
- The angel Gabriel announces to the Virgin Mary that she will give birth to God’s promised Son whose kingdom shall never end.
- page 199 Canticle of Mary
- Luke 2:1-7
- Against the backdrop of emperors and taxes, Jesus is born.
- page 245 The First Noel – Verse 1
- Luke 2:8-16
- The Shepherds go to see the Savior of the world, lying in a manger.
- page 221 In the Bleak Midwinter (stanzas 1 & 2)
- Matthew 2:1-11
- The wise men follow a star to find the child, jesus, the King of the Jews.
- page 254 We Three Kings (stanzas 1 & 5)
- John 1:1-14
- John unfolds the great mystery of the Incarnation.
- page 234 O Come, All Ye Faithful (stanzas 3 & 6)