“True or false?
1. Everything happens for a reason.
2. God helps those who help themselves.
3. God won’t give you more than you can handle.
4. God said it, I believe it, that settles it.
5. Love the sinner, hate the sin.
All true? Not so fast. They are simple phrases. They sound Christian—like something you might find in the Bible. We’ve all heard these words. Maybe we’ve even said them. They capture some element of truth, yet they miss the point in important ways.
This September at Beyond, join us as we use Adam Hamilton’s book Half Truths to compare these common clichés with the message of Jesus.
We’ll begin our new series on Thursday, September 8th at 7 pm. As always, there will be a light dinner at 6:15 before worship.
We hope you’ll join us as we kick off this great fall study!