Sunday, March 8 – Third Sunday In Lent
- Collection For Food and Paper Products for Carrick’s Food Pantry
- Non-Perishable Food Donations – No Glass Containers
- Paper Products – Paper Towels, Toilet Paper, Tissue Paper & Diapers
- Please place donations in bin located in the hallway.
- Clothing Collection For Washington City Mission
- Any clothing we can give.
- Please be sure clothing is washed.
- Collection for the Ugandan Mission Trip – 2015
- ALL ITEMS ARE NEEDED BY SUNDAY MARCH 15
- Over the Counter Eye Drops – Any kind is fine
- Allergy Redness Removal
- Plain, Visine or Murine Type
- Dollar Tree has eye drops.
- Generic Tums or other Antacids – LARGE Bottles
- ADULT Tylenol and Motrin – Generic is Fine
- Used NeckTies in Good Condition
- Hankies for Ladies – plan white or colors (men’s brands are ok)
- Light weight items for CHILDREN
- Small inflatable beach balls
- Friendship bracelets
- Paper lunch bags
- Ziploc or other brand bags – ONLY these two sizes
- Snack size
- 2 Gallon size
- 8:15 am – Worship Committee Meeting
- 8:30 am – FREE Kingdom Everlasting Cafe
- 9:30 am – Worship Service with Peg Bowman – Sermon “The Path of Community”
- 10:45 am – Baby Shower Planning Meeting
Monday, March 9
- 12 Noon – United Methodist Women
- 6:00 pm – N A Group
Tuesday, March 10
- 7:00 pm – Lent Bible Study at Fairhaven UMC
Wednesday, March 11
- 7:00 am – Men’s Fellowship with Pastor Matt at Fairhaven UMC
- 12:00 pm – Ecumenical Luncheon and Worship
- Topic: Christian: A Name, A Vision, A Mission
- Father Peter Horton – St. Winifred
- Luncheon Host – UMC of Castle Shannon
- Worship begins at 12 Noon in the sanctuary of Emmanuel Evangelical Lutheran Church (935 Pine Avenue)
- Immediately following, we move to the fellowship hall for a light lunch
- A Disciple’s Path Lent Bible Study with Pastor Sue Hutchins at 1:00 pm
- 7:00 pm – Lent Bible Study at Crafton UMC
Thursday, March 12
- BEYOND Casual Worship – The Disciples’ Paths
Proverbs 4:18 tells us that “the path of the righteous is like the light of the dawn, which shines brighter and brighter until full day.” And yet that path is filled with pit stops, detours, and even times when we’ve completely lost our way.
Never fear, though, because God’s word to us in Scripture is a guiding light pointing us back in the right direction!
That’s why this Lent for Beyond, fitting in with our Lenten theme of following “A Disciple’s Path,” we’ll be looking at the diverse paths traveled by God’s people in the Bible. From Joseph and Ruth in the Old Testament to Mary and Paul in the New, the path of the righteous is never easy.
But we serve a God who uses even the bumps in the road as a means of shaping us into the faithful women and men God created us to be.
So come on out for Beyond each Thursday during Lent and join us as we continue our journey of faith together!
- 6:15 pm – Light Dinner
- 7:00 pm – Worship Service
Friday, March 13
- Carnegie Untied Methodist Church FISH FRY – 419 Washington Ave.
- 4 pm – 7 pm EVERY Friday During Lent
- All Dinners include following
- French Fries or Macaroni & Cheese
- Beverage (eat-in only)
March 17 – 7:00 pm Women’s Club of Overbrook with Special Entertainment
March 22 – Pick-up Easter Candy
March 22 – Trustees Meeting
March 29 – Palm Sunday
April 2 – Maundy Thursday
April 3 – Good Friday
April 5 – Easter Sunday
April 12 – 8:15 am Worship Committee Meeting
April 18 – 1 pm – 3 pm Baby Shower in Burton Hall
April 25 – Women’s Club of Overbrook Card Party
May 10 – Mother’s Day
May 11 – 7:00 pm SHP Quarterly Meeting at Crafton UMC
May 19 – Election Day Food Sale
May 24 – Pentecost Sunday
June 14 – Pastor Matt’s Ordination at Buck Cannon, WV
June 21 – Father’s Day
July 6 – 7:00 pm SHP Quarterly Meeting at Spencer UMC
October 5 – 7:00 pm SHP Quarterly Meeting at Carnegie UMC
November 14 – Mabel Speicher Friends of Fairhaven Gala at South Hills Country Club